Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Glimpse into my Life


One more week in paradise....that is all I have
left. This week has been crazy with early wake up calls and late nights. For this blog I decided to post some videos from past outreaches. I hope that you will be able to enjoy each one, since each one tells a different story. Some of these are funny happenings while others are from outreaches to kids. This first video is from the first week that I was here. Our group from Desert Springs Church sang an Achi song called "Nukaw". 



I wanted to post a video of some Achi babbling's so that way those of you who haven't had the chance to hear this beautiful language will finally have the chance. Here is part one.


Here is part two of the Achi babbling's. Hector I'm pretty 
sure was telling the girls that either I was his future wife
or that I didn't have hair because I had a bad case of
lice. He likes to joke like that...rude.


This is from our outreach in Chopen, teaching the kids "I have joy".

Pardon my horrible technology skills. This video is sideways, sorry. Here is the video from Chilasco Falls, it was gorgeous. 

I have SO much love for these little girls as I have watched
them grow up before my eyes. I cannot wait for more years with them. 
Best video ever! Brian unsuccessfully trying to carry a 5 
gallon water container up the mountain to an outreach! Ha.

A short video from earlier this week. A team from Georgia
has come to San Miguel for a week. We have been visiting
various towns holding medical clinics. I have been in the pharmacy translating from English to Spanish and then my translator is explaining the medications to the patient in Achi.

No comments:

Post a Comment